Toxic Tort Personal Injury Lawyer
Your Christian Law Firm, Dean Burnetti Law represents Toxic Exposure Injury Victims in Polk County, including: Lakeland, Auburndale, Bartow, Haines City, Lake Wales, Mulberry, Polk City, and Winter Haven; in Hillsborough County, including: Brandon, Tampa, and Plant City; in Pinellas County, including Clearwater, St. Pete, Gulfport, Treasure Island, Largo, Oldsmar; and all of the surrounding Greater Central Florida and West Central Florida Areas.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 - “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
“Toxic Tort Injury” is a legal term that refers to an injury, illness, disfigurement, or ultimate death that is caused by exposure to a chemical, toxin, pesticide, or other dangerous substance.
Some of these toxic substances or conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Asbestos Exposure: Asbestos exposure and mesothelioma frequently are discovered to be closely related. Exposure to asbestos typically causes serious, if not fatal, complications. In fact, by 1986, the U.S. government instituted federal regulations on asbestos because it became proven that asbestos was a carcinogenic (cancer-causing) substance. Even worse, it is not unusual for the symptoms of cancer or other asbestos exposure-related diseases to remain undetected for years or even decades after the exposure occurred.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that is directly and solely the result of exposure to Asbestos. Many occupations over the years have been more susceptible to contracting Mesothelioma, such as Navy Veterans and Shipyard Workers, Brake Pad Manufacturers, Commercial and Residential Contractors, Miners, Factory Workers, Textile Workers, Chemical Workers, Auto and Aircraft Mechanics, Railroad Workers, Power Plant Workers, and Coal and Petroleum Workers.
- Legionnaires’ Disease and Pontiac Fever: Both illnesses are a form of pneumonia that is caused by a specific type of bacteria. Legionnaires’ Disease is a severe form of pneumonia which causes acute inflammation of the lungs and the lining of the lungs. Legionnaires’ Disease can be fatal. Pontiac fever is a milder illness that resembles the flu that characteristically goes away without treatment.
- Waterborne Illnesses: Water-borne illnesses are spread by swallowing, breathing, or merely by contact with contaminated water from swimming pools, wells, cooling systems, sewers, ponds, rain barrels, spas, streams, oceans, lakes, rivers, and drinking water from foreign countries. There are many types of waterborne Illnesses. Symptoms of many waterborne illnesses include headaches, confusion, a stiff neck, low-grade or high fever, nausea, stomach cramps, vomiting, diarrhea, and/or excessive thirst or dehydration.
- Food Poisoning: Food poisoning, also referred to as food-borne illness is caused by eating contaminated food. Contaminated food may have bacteria, viruses, parasites, or other toxins. Symptoms of Food Poisoning are, nausea, vomiting, watery or bloody stools, abdominal pain or cramps, and fever.
- Illnesses associated with Toxic Mold: Toxic mold can cause respiratory problems, watery eyes, skin irritation and rashes, nervous system problems, and sometimes neurological symptoms, such as memory loss, insomnia, anxiety, depression, trouble concentrating, and confusion.
If you or a family member was injured or there was a loss of life due to chemical exposure or exposure or consumption of a toxin, you can’t go up against the insurance company alone, but an experienced attorney can.
Call (863) 287-6388 (in Lakeland) or (813) 287-6388 (in Brandon) today to schedule a free confidential consultation with an attorney at Your Christian Law Firm, Dean Burnetti Law.
Our Statement of Faith
We declare that Jesus Christ is the Lord of all. That the Holy Spirit abides in the midst of all within our halls. That the power of prayer is our shield and sword.
We declare that Christ is the cornerstone of this firm.
Lakeland: (863) 287-6388
Brandon: (813) 287-6388